Sunday, August 29, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 8

Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

So I'm really struggling with the prompt tonight. Don't get me wrong, it's not that my life has been all rosy or anything, but I have a few serious problems with this prompt.

1) I don't believe my life has been hell.
2) I have a hard time believing that anyone can make your life hell unless you give them the power to do so.

Now to clarify... I do believe people can make moments in your life hell. There are times in which others actions cause us extreme discomfort, pain, sadness, anger, etc. But that pain can only last if you don't let it go. It's up to you to work through it, to move past it, and to continue to live. I'm not trying to downplay any of the horrible things that can happen in life. I know that there are people and pains that can cause scars that last a lifetime. However, I also believe that you can't let these define you.

Honestly, I don't believe I have a person in my life that this prompt applies to so I'm going to approach it slightly differently. There are people in my life who's actions have caused me anger, pain, disappointment, and self-doubt. Even though I feel like I've grown from each of these situations (they've shaped the woman I've become), I still need to acknowledge that they have not treated me well:

Kentucky Devil: For bringing darkness to my family; for ending my childhood; for showing me the worst side of humanity

Mr. Biz: For being dishonest about your intentions; for using my trust against me; for endangering my health; for your betrayal

JD: For being selfish & using me to fulfill your needs without regard for mine; for not hesitating to hurt me again

Dad: For never taking the opportunity to get to know me or my sister; for caring about yourself more than your children; for demonstrating people's worst assumptions of Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment