Monday, September 13, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 23

Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life


I wish I'd been more open about my feelings in the past. There have been many times in my life where I've held back my emotions. I always felt like I had to be the strong one, so I've been afraid (or maybe just not willing) to be vulnerable. I haven't let people in. I haven't confronted issues. I haven't told people how much they mean to me. I know this has created a lot of issues for me in my relationships. In some cases, I feel like I've missed out on opportunities and potential relationships because of it.

For the past two years I've aggressively tried to be more open with my feelings in relationships. It's been incredibly difficult for me. I've laid my heart out on the line. It has resulted in some absolutely breath-taking moments and some truly horrendous ones. It's been worth it. I wish I'd learned that lesson earlier in life. I wish I'd been willing to really put it all out there and risk getting hurt. It makes me sad to realize how many people I've kept at arms length. I know I may have ended up crushed, but I know I would have had more incredible moments as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment