Thursday, September 2, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day 11 & 12

So last night I didn't get a chance to post, for #30DaysOfTruth. Tonight I'm going to knock out both days. I don't find these topics as deep or soul searching. I might have to go off path from the questions during the last part of this challenge. If one of the prompts aren't really making me search for truth and than I'll substitute it with a topic or question that digs a little deeper. With that in mind, I'll try and answer these questions as best I can.

Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.

Patience. I'm choosing patience because it is one of the characteristics I get complimented on in all facets of my life. From my relationships, to my work, it seems to be a quality people notice.

In many areas of my life I can seem to have unending patience. For the most part, this is a good characteristic in my life. However, I do recognize it's downside. With those closest to me, it has been both a blessing and a curse. If someone I care about chooses to use my patience against me, it can be my downfall. While I'll hold on to this trait until my dying day, I'm trying to learn balance with it.

Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on (but you should).*

While people frequently notice my work ethic, my patience, my ability to stay calm, and how personable I can be, I think they frequently overlook my determination. I think people believe things come easier to me than they really do. While I'll acknowledge I do pick some things up more quickly than other people, I think the reason for that is my determination. From a very young age I decided that if I wanted to do/learn/accomplish something, I would find a way to do it. There are many things I'm not naturally good at, but it appears to most people that I am good at these things because I will work on them until it looks easy. It would be nice if people realized how much effort I put in, instead of assuming that it just takes me less work.  

*I added the parentheses because I think it makes more sense and digs deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment